This recipe by makeup artist and domestic diva Mich Lim-Reyes won the Rainy Days and Mom Days Quickie Recipe contest. And as guest judge Georgia Rocha-Chu of Empire says, “I like Mich’s Shepherd Pie recipe…It’s a whole meal, the recipe is complete and simple, and it sounds yummeh!”
And as Mich herself says: my husband thinks it’s the best he’s ever had!
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can sliced mushroom
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 pack/1 cup frozen chopped mix veggies (usually comes in a bag with peas, corn and carrots)
- 4 pcs potatoes (peel, boil, mash then add milk, salt,pepper); or if you’re feeling lazier 1 pack instant mashed potatoes (follow package instructions)
- grated cheese ( optional)
- Brown ground beef and chopped onions in butter.
- Add cream of mushroom from the can.
- Fold in the veggie mix.
- Dump ingredients in a baking dish.
- Spread the mashed potatoes on top. Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until top is a nice brown color.